Wednesday, October 21, 2009

bp2_200918_clark_chuck_anti-teaching


Its not about me. Yes the research has me in the center of the project. Through the research I can gain the knowledge to make the change. My question is do I have the motivation to live outside the box? Multiple Intelligence Theory suggests everyone has the ability to learn if the material is presented in a way that is obtainable. Brain Base Education poses the brain is connected and learning is chunked in many different areas of the brain. By designing a Personal Learning Environment (PLE) that engages those areas we can ensure a better, wider, and in depth learning experience. Creating the motivation for the learner to keep returning to learn. The ease of learning emerging Web2.0 applications will lower the frustration of the first time using the application. In some retro spec, the running of the application will become second nature to the leaner and seemingly the operation of the application disappears in respect to the object or skill the learner is engaging to acquire. I say its not about me but what engages the learner to keep coming back to learning. I cans see that technology frees the mind to explorer and even be an extension of the imagination. The imagination that can dream and create along with the skill and wisdom gained in the 21st century school. Technology is the catalysis to a future of higher retention rates, better understanding, and greater learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment